Paddle, Sail, Power!
**Dates for 2020 haven’t been selected yet! Stay tuned!**
Spirit of America is an innovative opportunity and educational experience for middle school aged students, 11-15 years of age, that combines a summer-camp atmosphere with classroom discipline.
Each program participant is exposed to sail, paddle, and power boating disciplines, rules and practice. In addition, the students spend time in the classroom passing their state boating education course, a controlled environment of a pool and in natural settings to build up their confidence and competency.
We are in the business of providing a SAFE and educational introduction to our Country’s young people, their families and their communities, to all types of water based recreational activities in one of the most diverse “hands-on” Classrooms in America.
Please follow us on facebook fb.me/beaufortsailing to hear any news, be first to hear about our next classes, and find out when registration opens for later classes!
- Campers: Children ages 11-15
- Boating Types: Zodiac Power boats, Canoes, Kayaks, Stand Up Paddle Boards, Hunter 15 Sailboats
- Camp Activities: STEM Program with classroom time, pool time, and hands on time in the river!
- 2020 Dates are still being planned. Check back!
Weekly Camp Schedule:
- Monday – 8 am – 3pm
- ***Parent/Guardian & Student Orientation is from 8am-9am.*** A parent or guardian needs to be present for each student to receive information about the program and make sure that all paperwork is complete.
- Classroom & Pool Time
- Tuesday – 8am – 3pm
- Classroom & On-Water Time
- Wednesday – 8am – 3pm
- Classroom & On-Water Time
- Thursday – 8am – 3pm
- On-Water Time
- Friday – 8am – 12:30pm
- ***Family Time/Graduation will be from 11am – 12:30pm.*** Parents and guardians are invited back to cheer on their graduate and have them demonstrate all they have learned during the week.
Please note that classes may need to be canceled in case of inclement weather. We are committed to keeping our students safe and can’t have them on the water if hazardous weather presents itself.
We want to give a huge thank you to the Beaufort Yacht and Sailing Club for hosting our programs!
All portions of the programs take place at Beaufort Yacht and Sailing Club.
Beaufort Yacht and Sailing Club
30 Yacht Club Drive
Beaufort SC 29907
We are able to offer this program at an exceptional value due to grants, sponsorships, volunteers, and donations. Thank you!!!
The fee for the Spirit of America Program is $100.
Yes, $100 for a week long class that includes the student’s boating license and a NEW life jacket at graduation!
Due to limited spaces, camp fees and processing fees are not refundable or transferable.
Scholarships are available for those in need of financial assistance. Please fill out the scholarship request form and contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your inquiry. Scholarship applications need to be reviewed and approved prior to registration.
Each day of camps, campers are expected to have:
- Their assigned life jacket (Each camper borrows a life jacket for the week, but they are responsible for bringing it to camp each day)
- Closed toed shoes/Water shoes
- Water! Water! Water! The students need it to stay hydrated!
- Hats and Sunglasses are HIGHLY recommended. It’s sunny out there on the water!
- Water Attire is required every day of camp – Monday thru Friday. A swim suit with a rash guard/swim shirt + quick drying shorts is a good combination.
Commitment to Program & Code of Conduct
Do you want to share your love of boating with our local youth? Are you a program graduate looking for more time in the program or on the water?
Please consider volunteering for Spirit of America! Volunteers are the heart and backbone of our program. Our program couldn’t exist without the support of fabulous volunteers who are give up their time to share their passion for the water.
Please contact email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you on the water!
Registration is not yet open.
Be forewarned, the registration is…long! We took all of the required forms and rolled them into one registration. Please make sure the parent and student are present and have the time to fill out the entire application. Students will need to be prepared to say why they want to be a part of the Spirit of America Program.