Learn to race is a week long session open to all who have completed levels 1,2,3, or 4. Sailors will be placed in appropriate groups and boats, and will learn the basics of racing. Topics covered include the common racing rules of sailing, starting, and racing tactics. Hopefully graduates from Learn to Race will participate on the Junior Sailing Race Team and compete in club regattas and club series races during the year to hone their racing skills.
(M,T, W, 9 a.m – 4 p.m, extended hours are not available this week)
Prerequisites for all Learn to Sail Program Levels:
- Age – 8+
- Weight – 40 lbs +
- Skills – Must pass swim test
Which Class is right for my child?
Sign your child up for Learn to Race, if:
- Your child is comfortable skippering their own boat
- Your child is already signed up for Level 2 and/or Level 3 this summer and is interested in racing or furthering their skills
- Your child went through Level 2 or Level 3 Double Handed Sailing last summer
- Your child is a high school sailor/wants to prepare for high school sailing
Learn to Race 2019 Class Schedule:
- July 1-3
Cost: $200 / 3 day session (Please note that this class runs M-W due to the holiday)
BYSC Members save 20%